Bitcoin Gold to USD – places to exchange
Bitcoin Gold is a hard fork of Bitcoin, one of many others. The split occurred in 2017 when one part of the global BTC community decided to change the PoW algorithm. Bitcoin Gold now utilizes Equihash that makes ASICs obsolete in BTG mining. Still, it’s debatable how useful the algorithm change was. The BTG price USD was over $500 right after forking but now it’s pretty low. You can find current rates using the BTG to USD chart.
Bitcoin Gold to USD Trading
As with any other major cryptocurrency, you can use two trading approaches here. Their main differences are in the assets used:
- Crypto-to-fiat pairs support direct BTG to USD orders. Hence, you should use both fiat and crypto wallets to complete the transaction.
- Crypto-to-crypto pairs replace dollars with dollar-backed stablecoins, e.g. USDC or USDT. In this case, you can hedge against risks using cryptocurrency wallets only.
Both options have strengths and weaknesses so use them wisely. It’s a good idea to mix strategies depending on your goals.
BTG USD Exchanges
There are three types of trading interfaces available for modern crypto fans. Again, we suggest choosing solutions for each BTG/USD deal based on your current needs:
- Brokers. Here are sites that make it easy for new users to buy crypto. They offer straightforward purchases, simple design, but higher rates.
- Exchanges. These are platforms with all BTG USD trading features you need. Advanced orders, custody services, high liquidity – exchanges are jacks of all trades.
- P2P networks. Using these systems, you can exchange crypto cooperating with other users. You don’t need to rely on exchange interfaces since it is a direct person-to-person deal.
If you’re going to trade Bitcoin Gold to USD, be sure to do it on a trusted exchange. Read our reviews to find the best platforms for newcomers, experienced users, and professionals.